Started a 16 Week challenge to get six pack abs. go to www.iwantsixpackabs.com for info on the program. Aside from the program, I also do Weighlifting, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and High Intensity Interval Training on the treadmill.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Diet throughout the Challenge

Here is my typical daily diet during the Challenge and even after the challenge ; )

Breakfast:

2 Slices of 100% whole wheat bread
6 Thin slices of Turkey or Roast Beef cuts 99% fat free
1 Slice of low fat cheese
Mustard
(Above 4 made into a Sandwich)
1 Piece of Fruit
Protein Shake

Lunch:

1 Serving of Salmon
1 roll of bread
Salad with dressing on the side. (if dressing is non low fat, use sparingly)
Iced Tea

Dinner:

1 Serving of chicken breast no skin, marinated and cooked in the pan with a little olive oil
Broiled vegetables
6 egg whites with salt, pepper, garlic powder cooked in a pan
1 Whole wheat tortilla or 1 Slice of whole wheat bread or 1 cup cooked brown rice
Water or Iced tea to drink

Snacks in between main meals:

I have a variety of snacks that i take to work or have some stock at home. I choose one of these to eat:

Instant Oatmeal
1 serving of Almonds (about 28 pieces)
1 piece of Fruit
1 protein bar (about 190 calories)
1 Protein Shake
a serving of beef jerky
1 whole wheat sandwich with turkey or roast beef or peanut butter
serving of Peanuts

* Once a week, typically on Sunday, i eat 1 guilt free, "bad for you" meal. hehehe. It's a reward to myself for eating well during the week. I eat anything I want for either lunch or dinner. Could be 2 slices of pizza, a nice juicy burger, a dozen chicken wings, ice cream...etc. Then back to working out and eating right for the week.

5 comments:

MannyRSX said...

Thanks for sharing. I just started eating "healthy" last week and i've been eating similar stuff.

Heheh its nice that you reward yourself once a week, im not able to do that yet cuz i want to lower my bodyfat ASAP :P is not like 1 burger will boost my bodyfat to 75% =D, but i believe its better to EAT RIGHT ONLY till i get to a better health point.

PD. Thanks for the Protein Shake info on the GoogleGroup.

Manny

Iambatman said...

The only thing I see is the roll of bread at lunch. Get rid of that. Everything else looks pretty good.

Sam said...

My meals i "put together" are combined 2-3 items of the following:

Baked Beans
Fruit
Yogurt
Vegetables
Hamburger (patty only)
chicken Breast (boneless/skinless)
Whole Wheat Bread

I basically keep all that in stock as much as possible and just combine that stuff for my meals each day, i try to eat at lesat 4 meals. hah, today wasn't one of those days..i ran outta supplies :(

Keep working, seems like you're doing great! Keep it up bro!!

AOWWW AOWWW AOWWW!!!!

Sickofthegut said...

When I get my body to what yours looks like now, then I can eat some of those cheat day things you eat, but until then Im like Manny. Im being VERY strict with myself to achieve my goal, which is the hardest part. But once Im where I want to be its all about maintenance, so I wont have to work out as much, and I can have some of my old foods that I loved, like anything italian!! Yum.....

Anonymous said...

great diet. allot of food but your bulking up anyz...you should try the corn tortillas as well.they are low g.i. and have more protein and less fat and less carbs so im told..kepp it up. i cant wait to see your results.your gonna be ripped